Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Gear Slipped a Bolt Came Loose


I finally broke down this November (2009). After admiring my oh so impressive dust collecting Gundam model collection for the Nth time, and reading all the forums posts everywhere about ppl doing this thing called cosplaying at these events called Cons. A little gear slipped in my noggin which caused a catastrophic runaway of ideas and contemplating.

Fast Forward many weeks of researching Youtube videos ,plastic and foam manufacture catalogs, and looking up words such as "glomping", I decided I was going to do it. I was going to build a mecha suit. . . I wonder in the future when my naiviness has dissipated will I still have the sugar rush enthusiasm as i do now.

So which mech did i pick out? Well naturally it had to come from old school Universal Century Gundam Franchise. Obvious choice, I know. But looking at my model collection I noticed a pattern. I have very few Gundams, its mostly the cool looking, curvy and sleek amour, Zeons. So knowing very well that curvy objects are harder to draw, make, and calculate I did what any sane mecha fan would probably NOT do. Decide to make a MSN-04 Sazabi mobile suit! Yep, you heard right. The one piloted by none other, Char Aznable, in the epitome battle of Char's Counter Attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment